Monero 0.17.1.8 ‘Oxygen Orion’ Point Release
December 30, 2020
This is the v0.17.1.8 minor point release of the Monero software. This is a recommended release that contains mitigations against the ongoing memory exhaustion attack.
Some highlights of this minor release are:
- Protocol: drop nodes if they claim new data but only give stale data
- Add some sanity checks on data size (portable_storage)
- Fix some issues using connections after shutdown, add buffered SSL handshake detection
- Optional DNS based blocklist (–enable-dns-blocklist)
- Ban lists may now include subnets
- The ban command can now load IPs from a file (ban @filename)
- RPC: add busy_syncing, synchronized fields to get_info
- RPC: limit the number of txes for get_blocks.bin
- P2P: ignore incoming peer list entries when we have them blocked
- P2P: remove peers from grey and anchors lists when blocked
- Restrict public node checks a little, warn about untrusted nodes
- Minor bug fixes
This release was the direct result of 7 people who worked, largely unpaid and altruistically, to put out 45 commits containing 530 new lines of code. We’d like to thank them very much for their time and effort. In no particular order they are:
The new binaries can be downloaded from the Downloads page or from the direct links below.
- Windows, 64-bit
- Windows, 32-bit
- macOS, 64-bit
- Linux, 64-bit
- Linux, 32-bit
- Linux, armv7
- Linux, armv8
- Android, armv7
- Android, armv8
- FreeBSD, 64-bit
If you would like to verify that you have downloaded the correct file, please use the following SHA256 hashes:
monero-win-x64-v0.17.1.8.zip, 55bafa33142b2aa979e5f6b4a6ddb60584bc9e9434e3a8c0a7fd8c9852bbcd7e monero-win-x86-v0.17.1.8.zip, 4bd0c594c59de2815e91e7560be5b52370abb351f425c2ea1434a0ae4205c30a monero-mac-x64-v0.17.1.8.tar.bz2, b969d7c8855d59b6962227a5a68f507f183253d06acd548b41673c647317de48 monero-linux-x64-v0.17.1.8.tar.bz2, b566652c5281970c6137c27dd15002fe6d4c9230bc37d81545b2f36c16e7d476 monero-linux-x86-v0.17.1.8.tar.bz2, 827e6e30296135494e80fcd54b0c8e64532b0ec8bdbbbec445860ce47d6f0d87 monero-linux-armv8-v0.17.1.8.tar.bz2, e8580f776152757bf07b0ca9dc3c1fbb4033b0956ab76599ff642fdb84427d1e monero-linux-armv7-v0.17.1.8.tar.bz2, 83f2d8fd32f17b1f6669736015ad25e613987e69c8b052600ac9b8942370ba19 monero-android-armv8-v0.17.1.8.tar.bz2, 1598b73ac35e8c7f35a60cf4afc93d915954e0a3939d5d81ec040d3294eda162 monero-android-armv7-v0.17.1.8.tar.bz2, 0ce30e0882dbdf4fd12d29c556bd805c1ff6e7012a9f028a742726a6e57374a6 monero-freebsd-x64-v0.17.1.8.tar.bz2, 2911c3b605262edaa8e634067c2ba04069990d2bb668b990bfd1a5c35858aaf3
A GPG-signed list of the hashes is at https://getmonero.org/downloads/hashes.txt and should be treated as canonical, with the signature checked against the appropriate GPG key in the source code (in /utils/gpg_keys). To ensure that the files you download are those originally posted by the maintainers, you should both check that the hashes of your files match those on the signed list, and that the signature on the list is valid.
Two guides are available to guide you through the verification process: Verify binaries on Windows (beginner) and Verify binaries on Linux, Mac, or Windows command line (advanced).
Post tags : Monero Software Releases