Moving forward in 2021, the team is tracking dramatic shifts in the crypto markets, providing us with helpful data for (re)focusing. We believe that economic infrastructure adds the most value to Kadena at this time. Looking at the year ahead, major initiatives include the full launch of the Kadenaswap DEX alongside decentralized bridges to Ethereum and wrapped KDA. We’ll also continue working towards additional exchange listings and community-led efforts (DAOs).
With your support, Kadena reached major milestones in 2020.
- Launching the world’s first sharded and scalable layer-1 blockchain
- Integrating Kadenamint and wallet with Cosmos
- Adding Chainlink price feeds to Kadena’s platform
- Announcing that Kadena was among the first to implement Rosetta API by Coinbase
- Official listing of KDA on Bittrex Global
- Collaborating with Web3 Foundation to bring Pact to Polkadot
- Debuting first crypto gas stations (on-chain)
- Scaling of public blockchain from 10 to 20 chains
- Introducing formal developer program with grants
- Partnering with Terra to bring LUNA stablecoin to Kadenaswap DEX
- Joining Alliance for Prosperity and onboarding Celo stablecoin to Kadenaswap
- Releasing Kadenaswap DEX to testnet (mainnet launch by end of Q1 2021)
The Kadena project continues to further its credibility for superior execution.
Click here to visit Kadena’s timeline from founding in 2016 through Q1 of 2019.
Click here to visit Kadena’s timeline from Q2 through Q4 of 2019.
Click here to visit Kadena’s timeline from Q1 through Q2 of 2020.
Click here to visit Kadena’s timeline for Q3 of 2020.
As previously shared with the community, we’re staring off the year with the launch of Kadenaswap “Bountyswap” on mainnet. Mainnet functionality will include wallet connection and token swaps as well as pool liquidity and statistics. The swapping and pooling of cryptocurrency token pairs is enabled in a familiar AMM-style DEX. Bountyswap will have pre-funded pools using a KDA-linked “KPenny” token with overall funding up to 100,000 KDA. This provides a bounty for “white-hat hacking” to find vulnerabilities in the new DEX, as any funds received through an exploit can be kept at the end of the Bountyswap program.
Economic infrastructure development has already begun with support for Ethereum bridge proofs included in Chainweb 2.4. Upcoming milestones for the first quarter include launching an Ethereum bridge relay program, integrating a ZelCore DEX with Kadenaswap, and releasing an Ethereum bridge. An Ethereum bridge allows for wrapped KDA, compatible with any Ethereum-based protocol, to become available by the end of the quarter.
After speaking with investors, miners, and other community members, the team is currently working on publishing a new token economics document in addition to modifying the platform emissions structure. We believe the updates will make our token economics easier to understand and demonstrate how the incentives are aligned among all Kadena platform participants.